POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT settings/issue : Re: SSLT settings/issue Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT settings/issue
From: Sean Day
Date: 7 Jun 2014 06:37:50
Message: <5392eb7e@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

>>> Going to show my ignorance here but how do I blur the light probe?
>>
>> HDRshop is probably the best tool for the job.
>
> Dang, forget about that one. It used to be free some years ago, but
> apparently they've made it payware.

The single sphere blob also looks OK, when I opened the probe in HDRShop
I noticed some very bright areas and wonder if they are the cause (or
maybe if not the cause the reason it is more extreme with this probe,
also the Harbour3 probe looks OK in HDRShop and has a similar effect).

The bright areas I am referring to are in the attached probe.png.

Also, the single sphere blob (adjusted the size of the sphere component
to make it closer to the standard sphere) also looks OK, maybe something
to do with the thickness of the ant/blob or having multiple components
is the cause.

I have a few more ideas of things to test (obviously the blurred probe
with the ant being one) but maybe switching off the radiosity on the
subsurface parameters would be a good one?

Also, when I first noticed this glow problem I stacked 3 spheres and
rendered them and got a similar issue (hence my original I don't think
it is an issue with the blob statement). Will see if I can reproduce that.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'probe.png' (200 KB) Download 'blob.png' (133 KB)

Preview of image 'probe.png'
probe.png

Preview of image 'blob.png'
blob.png