POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT settings/issue : Re: SSLT settings/issue Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:49:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT settings/issue
From: Sean Day
Date: 6 Jun 2014 01:52:55
Message: <53915737@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Am 03.06.2014 00:49, schrieb s.day:
>
>> Now I know it is not samples maybe I can lower them a bit and try some
>> different
>> options/variations as it will be a bit faster, it seems increasing the
>> mm_per_unit helps to reduce the glow but getting it just right is the
>> problem as
>> if I reduce it too much the effect is no longer as good.
>
> Leave the mm_per_unit setting be; it should always match the actual
> scale of the object.
>
> Any effect that can be achieved by tweaking mm_per_unit can also be
> achieved by tweaking the materials' translucency.

This is starting to look like it is related to the HDR probe, if I just
use HDR the issue is present stil but if I switch off HDR and use a
regular light source (no other change to the scene) the SSLT effect is OK.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ant - light only.png' (364 KB)

Preview of image 'ant - light only.png'
ant - light only.png