POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT settings/issue : Re: SSLT settings/issue Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:02:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT settings/issue
From: clipka
Date: 2 Jun 2014 15:07:20
Message: <538ccb68@news.povray.org>
Am 02.06.2014 19:07, schrieb s.day:

> The ant is made of a few blobs (don't think they are the issue though).

Blobs? Are you serious? That's one hot hell of an ant you have there!
(No surprise it's about to combust ;-)) I'd have expected it to be some
commercial mesh model.

> My fear is that it is just not enough samples..

No, the samples are probably ok, they just affect how noisy the result is.

Are those perhaps transitions between multiple separate blob objects?

Probably a major obstacle you're facing is that ants /are/ pretty
translucent inside, it's mostly the exoskeleton that gives them their
tint. Maybe layering a semi-transparent non-SSLT texture (or a
semi-transparent SSLT texture with low translucency) over a
high-translucency texture might do the trick.