POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why my lathe object is broken? : Re: Why my lathe object is broken? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why my lathe object is broken?
From: Stephen
Date: 31 May 2014 17:44:38
Message: <538a4d46$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/05/2014 20:05, Alain wrote:

>> On 29/05/2014 22:33, Alain wrote:
>>> Use version 3.7. Version 3.6.x is obsolete.
>>> Next, it's just a mather of refering the correct path.
>>
>> How interesting I thought it had to do with the Comm.dll not being
>> updated for 64 bit. At least that is what Hugo told me. It might run on
>> a 32 bit machine. I have no way of knowing.
>>

> For POV-Ray: The installer for version 3.7 will install the 32 bits
> version on a 32 bits system and the 64 bits version on a 64 bits system.
>
> For Bishop3D, even if it's a 32 bits application, it should be able to
> run on a 64 bits system, in 32 bits compatibility mode.

PovRay installed pvengine, pvengine32-sse2 and pvengine64 on my machine.
Bishop3D will run pvengine & pvengine32-sse2 quite happily. It has been
a long time since I checked.
It will start pvengine64 but not render any files. PovRay stops after
the list of contributors.

So it will run PovRay 3.7 but not as a 64 bit application.

--

Regards
     Stephen