POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : snub cuboctahedra : Re: snub cuboctahedra Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: snub cuboctahedra
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 31 May 2014 02:30:02
Message: <538976ea$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/05/2014 00:22, Bill Pragnell nous fit lire :
> Greetings all

> On the left, a snub cuboctahedron skeleton rendered with radiosity and focal
> blur. On the right, a snub cuboctahedron skeleton output as an OpenSCAD script
> using a slightly modified version of the same macro, then rendered with OpenSCAD
> to an STL file, then 3D printed in stainless steel by Shapeways.com. The coin is
> a UK 5p for scale (the model is about 1 inch across).
>
> This started as an experiment to see if I could use POV-Ray to produce printable
> models, but I'm so pleased with it that I'm going to make a whole collection -
> starting with the rest of the Archimedean solids :)

Greetings,

this age is wonderful.

Did you notice that the left part of the picture is not the same as the
right part ? Left hand vs right hand strikes again, and you choose a
chiral solid.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)