POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Modify source code of program POVRAY : Re: Modify source code of program POVRAY Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modify source code of program POVRAY
From: clipka
Date: 27 May 2014 21:18:09
Message: <53853951$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.05.2014 02:55, schrieb gaprie:
> Hello everyone,
> I want to ask How we can open the source code of program POVRay?
> If we can do it, we can see the flow proses rendering in POVRay and we can
> modify that such we can add some coding (like MPI maybe) for get paralel
> rendering program with POVRay.
> Sorry, I am new in POVRay.

You can get the source code here:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray

Distributed rendering (which is probably what you mean by "parallel
rendering") is a future plan for POV-Ray; at present, parallel rendering
is supported only in the sense of multi-threaded rendering on multi-core
(or multi-cpu) systems with shared memory.