POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why my lathe object is broken? : Re: Why my lathe object is broken? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why my lathe object is broken?
From: Alain
Date: 27 May 2014 19:32:32
Message: <53852090$1@news.povray.org>

> On 24/05/2014 15:33, xslittlegrass wrote:
>  > Hi Stephen,
>  >
>  > It works , thanks a lot!
>  > But there is still one broken part remains. I created a zoom in of the
>  > broken part here
>  >
>  > http://imgur.com/j1ys4Nb
>  >
>  > Do you know why that happens?
>  >

> Not really but I suspect that it may have something to do with the
> spacing of the plotted points.
> Have you tried a cubic curve?
> And less points. Remember that the curve does not necessary pass through
> the points. They are control points.

For a quadratic_spline, the FIRST  point is a controll point, all others
are actual points that are actualy used and, also, serve as controll
points for the next point but not for the previous one. The curve is
controlled from the second to third point but not from the third to
second points.

In most cases, using the cubic_spline gives beter results.
In your case, it will shorten the object by one interval.

In some cases, using less points can help.

Alain