POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parallel planes to make an event horizon : Re: parallel planes to make an event horizon Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parallel planes to make an event horizon
From: Stephen
Date: 25 May 2014 13:12:42
Message: <5382248a$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/05/2014 17:13, skippy wrote:
> I did try your code and it does demonstrate the principle of my idea - thank you

Of course it is sound.

> for that. (My wife made me close the image - made her dizzy!:)   )

A weapon in your armoury. ;-)
I once made an animation of an eyeball on a pillar. With the pupil
dilating. My wife still says that it is the one animation that she hates.

> I definitely have a lot more reading and learning ahead of me.

As do we all. :-)

> As an aside - what tool are you using to auto-generate povray code?

It is Bishop3D. But I would not recommend it any more. :-)
It is not free (was to me as I was a tester and got it free). More
importantly the developer has, I fear. Gone to the Great Rendering
Engine in the Sky. He has not been seen for years. And there is no support.
If you do want help with it. I and possibly StephenS would help.
There is also Moray but that too is not being developed.
Moray (free) works with Pov 3.5 and Bishop3D with 3.6. Although both
export code that can be modified.
I find that they help me visualise the scenes I make.
There is an ongoing project with Blender that renders using PovRay. That
is mesh based not CSG.

--

Regards
     Stephen