POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Peeling paint texture : Re: Peeling paint texture Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Peeling paint texture
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 May 2014 03:27:30
Message: <53819b62$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-5-2014 18:34, Stephen wrote:
> I don't see how it can be faked. The Mesh route is too mich, I think.
> Do you think that it would be possible to throw triangles at it using
> trace?

Faking is impossible indeed as far as I can judge. As a prove of
concept, I have written a macro that draws little triangles randomly
down from a surface, but that is totally ugly. I wonder how one could
trace the paint boundary and place little pre-made peels of paint there,
correctly oriented of course ;-)

Thomas