POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Peeling paint texture : Re: Peeling paint texture Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Peeling paint texture
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 May 2014 07:08:27
Message: <53807dab$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-5-2014 20:11, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> For a new scene, I have been working on a peeling paint texture. What do
>> you think?
>
> The cracking looks great.  It doesn't look like it's peeling, though.  (PeelED,
> yes; peelING, no.)

Aaahh... I would like it to /peel/ indeed, but how? The peeling should
follow the texture. I have experimented with some mesh generation but
that remains totally unconvincing.

Your mention of Age of Innocence is correct but that will not work here
and it only concerns the cracking not the peeling.

I need somebody smart... ;-)

Thomas