POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why the worst has to come : Re: Why the worst has to come Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:08:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why the worst has to come
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 May 2014 07:14:30
Message: <53735016$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-5-2014 11:51, s.day wrote:
> And very good they look as well, I will have to check out the blockwall macro
> have not seen that one before, I assume it does the arches as well?

You can find the BlockWall macros in the Objects Collection. The arches
have also been built with them. However, the only drawback there is that
the stones are not bevelled. That might also give a problem when viewing
a circular wall or tower from the outside. Afaik, this is not
implemented by the macros [hint to Chris B]

> The wall and Ivy are very good, are the macros easy to use (have not tried them
> out). I think the scene needs a bit of dirt added to it though around the edges
> of the bricks and maybe the floor bricks look a bit too clean but I suppose this
> could be a newly built place.

The Ivy Generator needs a bit of understanding where the axis and the
leaf orientations are concerned. I have compiled a little tutorial from
the experiences by me and Jeremy Praay. If you are interested, I shall
post it here.

Some more dirt would be nice indeed. I need to experiment further with
the macros as these things are not treated there and I have to see how
best to do them. I have another scene in mind where I can use the
macros, so that would be the opportunity. First however, I want to
explore the Stair macros, also by Chris B.

> Cannot workout if the dog is being playful or about to take my leg off ;-)

Best to keep quite. I am not sure myself either ;-)

Thomas