POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calculate this pixel first : Re: Calculate this pixel first Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:00:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calculate this pixel first
From: Tim Cook
Date: 4 May 2014 14:51:30
Message: <53668c32$1@news.povray.org>
On 2014-05-04 08:34, nico7550 wrote:
> During the first passes, Pov calculate a render weight of each pixels. The
> render weights is determined by the cpu/memory/time needed to render. And on the
> last pass, Pov render the pixels by weight order.

While it's in there figuring out how long a pixel needs to render, why
not just take home the pixel's final value and be done with it?  I don't
know if there's a clever way to determine ahead of time what a given ray
will encounter and need to do without actually chewing through things.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com