POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RBezier : Re: RBezier Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RBezier
From: andrel
Date: 28 Apr 2014 16:43:41
Message: <535EBD7C.5030701@gmail.com>
On 27-4-2014 22:21, Nekar Xenos wrote:

>>> My design electro-acoustic bass based on a contra-bass.
>>> I hand-coded the sound-box as a bezier patch. I CSG'd the C-holes out of
>>> the soundbox but I couldn't add depth because I couldn't csg the sides
>>> of the C-holes. I was thinking maybe this patch would make it possible.
>>>
>> Could you not subtract the a scaled down version to create the
>> resonance chamber?
>> I am assuming that the thickness of the upper and lower surfaces need
>> not be detailed modelled to get a realistic sound body.
>>
> It just ends up looking like a shadow. I need to do the walls/edges of
> the c-holes and they need to match.

BTW why the C-holes? I could not find an example of a real instrument
that has them.
Mechanically they make also less sense as far as I understand the
physics behind the violin family.
And who is G Oosthuizen?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is
active.