POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just for fun : Re: Just for fun Server Time
18 Jul 2024 21:05:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just for fun
From: Alain
Date: 23 Apr 2014 13:48:06
Message: <5357fcd6@news.povray.org>
Le 14-04-22 12:24, Lars R. a écrit :
> Very exciting! :-)
>
> I still try to understand how it works in detail. ^^
>

> Btw, my Povray told me:
>
> |  Shutdown Warning: The maximum gradient found was 57.876, but
> |  max_gradient of the isosurface was set to 100.000. Adjust
> |  max_gradient to get a faster rendering of the isosurface.
>
>> isosurface {
>>          function {s (x,y,z)}
>>          contained_by {sphere {<0,0,0>,2.2}}
>>          max_gradient 100
>> […]
>

> I don't know how much faster the rendering would be with a lower
> max_gradient.
>
> Lars R.

Just try rendering using max_gradient 57.

You may also try replacing max_gradient as follow:

#declare Min_Factor = 0.6;
evaluate 57/Min_Factor, sqrt(1/Min_Factor), 0.7

Note: The documentation give the following formula for the second
parameter, or overevaluation factor:
sqrt(found max_gradient/(found max_gradient * min_factor))
Whitch is the same as sqrt(1/min_factor)

Using evaluate is often faster than using max_gradient.

Alain