POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blender to Povray: unofficial version: screenshots : Re: Blender to Povray: unofficial version: screenshots Server Time
19 May 2024 02:11:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender to Povray: unofficial version: screenshots
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Apr 2014 07:09:17
Message: <5353aadd$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-4-2014 10:34, LanuHum wrote:

> Blender has the generator of trees.
> On a screenshot of its control, including possibility of animation.
> My task - to transfer it in Povray, using possibilities of Povray.
> For this purpose there are options:
> 1 . To convert a tree in mesh
> 2 . To write down it as sphere_sweep
> 3 . To write down it as blob. Over this option I work. Branches will smoothly
> join

Yes, those are the interesting options indeed. Blobs for foreground
trees and mesh for planting whole forests.

> The generator creates leaves, but, not really beautifully.
> Over it we will think.
> :)

In interesting option for this would be to generate flat or curved mesh
polygons, uv-mapped with a leaf image map. Alternatively, a polygon in
the form of a leaf, to be textured accordingly.

Thomas