POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : luminance output : Re: luminance output Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:43:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: luminance output
From: scott
Date: 16 Apr 2014 03:45:18
Message: <534e350e@news.povray.org>
> Hello,everyone.I am a student.I am doing my graduation project recently.It is
> simulating radiance with ray-tracing.I have done a test with pov.But I am
> confronting a error with my result.Could anyboby help me check out my issue.Beg
> a hot.I am a student.I am confronting the pressure of graduation.I feel so
> worry.I have uploaded the whole process of my test,beg a hot help me!
> "pov-xyz"is the location of each sphere.
> "pov-ref"is the reflectivity of each sphere.
> "pov.exr"is the output image by pov.
> I have converted "pov.exr" to "pov.tiff".
> "result"is my analyse.My issue was wrote in it.
> Expecting somebody help me.Great gratitudes!

Using a specular highlight on tiny spheres is going to give very
unpredictable results, the output pixel value will highly depend on
exactly where the ray hits the sphere compared to the highlight
position. I zoomed in on your scene and rendered it, see attached, I
also changed the background colour to red to highlight the spheres
better. Do you see the problem?

I would use boxes rather than spheres and use diffuse rather than
specular reflection:

  pigment{color rgb 1}
  finish {
   ambient 0
   diffuse ref
  }
}

That should give much more uniform results and not depend on where each
ray hits the shapes. I don't know if that will solve your problem or not.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pov.png' (4 KB)

Preview of image 'pov.png'