POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dark appearance of uploaded .png images : Re: dark appearance of uploaded .png images Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:41:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dark appearance of uploaded .png images
From: FractRacer
Date: 10 Apr 2014 16:20:25
Message: <5346fd09$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm beginning to think that there is something wrong with my computer/monitor
> set-up (Windows XP on a CRT monitor): The .png images that various POV-Ray users
> are uploading to the newsgroups look 'dark' on my system, and I have no idea
> what the cause is. (Well, I'm guessing that the images *should* look brighter,
> although I don't know for sure.)
>
> This dark appearance shows up in a range of applications, not just a specific
> one-- the latest Firefox (v28.0); my older Photoshop; and in Windows' Picture
> And Fax Viewer. My own .png images made in POV-Ray look fine on my system, as do
> ..jpegs.
>
> To better show this, I've made .jpeg screenshots of two recent uploaded images,
> by FractRacer and Pekka Aho. They are accurate reproductions of how the .png
> originals appear on my end. Can someone compare my .jpegs to the original
> uploads, to see if they visually match?

  The image seems normal, it is like povray has rendered, it is a night
scene with a shining star...
Is, for you, the center of the star white? And the trees dark? If yes,
all is right.
Have you seen the image of Kurt Le Pirate: black and white stripes?
How appear this image on your screen?

Lionel.

--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---