POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My own Star final : Re: My own Star final Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:47:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own Star final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Apr 2014 10:41:31
Message: <533d731b@news.povray.org>

> Or perhaps it is because of the probably not much modified ridged
> multifractal function for the foothills' isosurface! That looks somewhat
> artificial, not like a natural terrain relief...

You may have seen now my second final. I indeed tweaked the parameters
of the f_ridged_mf function used for the foothills to get a more
natural-looking terrain. However, I had to be careful, in particular
with H, because when too close to 0.0 it broke down the trace() function
for the vegetation. A assume a max_gradient issue but I am not sure.
Anyway, I am satisfied with the latest render.

Thomas