POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My own Star final : Re: My own Star final Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:40:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My own Star final
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 3 Apr 2014 09:14:08
Message: <533d5ea0$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 29.03.2014 09:21, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I agree with you about the foreground. Imo, mainly due to the slope
> angle test for vegetation. I consider adding loose rocks in that area.
> Probably the isosurface too looks more artificial in close up but there
> is not much I can do about that...

This is a problem which also occupied me during my (someday to be
resumed) Ghurghusht project in 2010 - how do I get a realistic
small-to-intermediate scale valley network based on isosurfaces? And how
may I integrate these valley network structures into a global-scale
isosurface relief of an entire planet?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: The Return Of The Giant Hogweed (Genesis)