POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gravity (not the motion picture) - wip 01 : Re: Gravity (not the motion picture) -final Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravity (not the motion picture) -final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Mar 2014 03:57:54
Message: <53392002$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-3-2014 0:51, Stephen wrote:
> On 30/03/2014 10:55 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>>> In the Great Scheme of Things, this is Cathy's World #12.
>>
>> Is there a list or repository somewhere of the series?  A search of
>> povray.org
>> turns up only 4 images, "Age of Innocence" (#1), "On the Streets"
>> (#7), "Paris
>> by Night - 1951," and the present project, plus a cameo in the
>> architecture
>> ensevelie/"On the Plain" scene.
>>

> Hi Cuz
> At the TC-RTC, if you are a member, you will be able to look at the
> Competition Archive Area. Where you will be able to see all of the
> entries. I am sure that you would be able to find more of them there.
> We have plans to update the site and one of the new features will be a
> gallery or member's portfolio. Just for you, here is a sneak preview of
> Thomas's.
>
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/portfolio/ThomdeG/index.html
>
> They are not actually tagged Cathy's World but...
>
> For comparison here is mine. And I must point out most of mine are
> entered just to make up the numbers and are meant to be humorous. :-)
> The animations do not link/show properly. :-(
>
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/portfolio/stephen/index.html

The Portfolio offers a view of most of Cathy's World. Except for p.b.i.
there is no other public repository. The official names are as follows
but may have been presented under a different name:

#1 Age of Innocence
(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3C45699b36%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C45699b36%40news.povray.org%3E)
#2 Stalker Tunnel (aka Age of Curiosity;
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C462209fe@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=351651&toff=1650)
#3 A Time of Change (somewhere on p.b.i.)
#4 The Bridge Builders (TC-RTC)
#5 De Dulle Griet (unfinished)
#6 Captain Nemo (aka N; TC-RTC)
#7 On the Streets
(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3C49afd5d5%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C49afd5d5%40news.povray.org%3E)
#8 At the Cenotaph (unfinished;
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4a87f5e8@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=319310
#9 On the Plains (TC-RTC)
#10 Across the Fields (TC-RTC)
#11 Glass (TC-RTC)
#12 Gravity

'Paris la Nuit' (TC-RTC) is not officially part of the series although
Cathy appears in it.

Other known series are: Tina Chep (6 scenes) and Iskander (14 scenes).

My oldest series was called "Les Annales" which paralleled Gilles Tran's
Oyonale before I even knew that last one to exist! Great minds think
alike ;-)

Thomas