POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zippo logo : Re: Zippo logo Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zippo logo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Mar 2014 04:12:14
Message: <53352ede$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-3-2014 19:50, James Holsenback wrote:
> oh for sure ... this was more or less a "hey i can do it" attempt. i
> don't think it's going to be a big deal. instead of marking edges as
> seams (uv unwrap was too jumbled for me) i opted to generate individual
> uv maps for groups of faces. other than basic placement of the images in
> blender, i got more mileage out of poseray uv mapping panel (scale,
> clip, transform, etc)

I understand from you that uv mapping in Blender is not that easy.
Poseray then is a big help indeed. Interestingly, uv mapping in Silo Pro
is very easy and straightforward. I wonder why this is not so in
Blender. Must have to do with the basic architecture of the objects? Or
the approach used?

Thomas