POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zippo logo : Re: Zippo logo Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:38:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zippo logo
From: James Holsenback
Date: 27 Mar 2014 11:00:43
Message: <53343d1b@news.povray.org>
On 03/07/2014 08:11 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 03/05/2014 05:40 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> I later engraved my initial on it and the brass shone through.
>
> yep ... the brass case is way better. i also found a model of the
> coffin-nail but it didn't have any uv maps. i created uv maps for some
> of the cig elements and found suitable images (filter tip/paper and
> tobacco end) ... /finally/ think i'm getting the hang of uv mapping in
> blender :-)

well a little progress ... the pack of cigs wasn't as easy as you'd
think. sure the shape was easy but getting the uv maps to line up ...
that was a challenge. i took an empty cigarette box and used a razor to
flatten it out and scanned to get the images. while laying out the items
in RL (to get scaling correct) decided to go with this pose as it hid
some of the uv seams that were problematic. i certainly need to hone my
uv mapping skill set before tackling a more complex shape! the coffee
mug i'm using just did'nt look right standing up so it's out for now.
thinking about turning the mug on it's side with a bunch of coffee beans
spilling out.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'work.png' (2248 KB)