POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Where did THAT come from...? : Re: Where did THAT come from...? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 18:45:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where did THAT come from...?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Mar 2014 13:14:39
Message: <53330aff$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks, Kenneth,

I didn't change the +q[n] setting.
I just added the default directive and then commented it back out.

maybe
#default {pigment {rgb <1,1,0>} finish {ambient 1} }
needs to be
#default {texture {pigment {rgb <1,1,0>} finish {ambient 1} } }
?

I don't have any orthographic cameras in my scene... yet.
I would however like to see if I could do a smooth transition from an
orthographic camera to a regular perspective camera, and the camera
definitions and behaviours are beyond my ken at this stage of the game.
Once I get the bulk of what I want defined in my scene, then I'll
probably start doing camera experiments and learning some nice animation
skills.

I'll see what I can do with the scene SDL - it's only about 2000 lines
so far, scene, subscene, and include file all together.
I have to rotate and translate my whole subscene to where I want it.
Do you have any clever suggestions for calculating where things should
actually be in my final scene if I copy and paste it all into the big
scene and then correct the coordinates?  I'm thinking spreadsheet...

Thanks for all your help,
Bill