POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : some confusions about pov : Re: some confusions about pov Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:52:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some confusions about pov
From: scott
Date: 25 Mar 2014 04:31:43
Message: <53313eef$1@news.povray.org>
> I want to simulate the reflectance image or radiance image. My step is:
> 1,construct geometric model
> 2,render geometric model
> Then I have defined  solar irradiance,

The sun's light is a combination of all wavelengths, in your example in
another thread it was only considering a single wavelength (817nm). You
need to get the irradiance for all visible wavelengths and then sum up
the resulting XYZ values before converting to sRGB. This will give you a
much larger srgb value with a colour close to the middle of the srgb
space. Not surprisingly, someone has done this before, lookup the colour
coordinates of various white points like D50, D65 etc.

> the results in a HDR image,all is OK. But the result is not what I wanted ,the
> value is smaller than what I need. I am so confusing.

AFAIK the HDR file format has no units for the colour values, and POV
certainly doesn't, so the size of the values is arbitrary. If I were you
I'd do the following two steps:
1. Modify your light source colour to match the sun (start with <1,1,1>
for a quick test)
2. Modify the scaling factor of the light source (eg FACTOR*<1,1,1>)
until the output values match what you want.