POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : some confusions about pov : Re: some confusions about pov Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:02:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some confusions about pov
From: FractRacer
Date: 23 Mar 2014 11:13:15
Message: <532efa0b$1@news.povray.org>

> Thank you for your help.I am sorry to trouble you again! I want to use phong or
> radiosity (such illumination model) to calculate,how can I set relation
> statements? I have defined some paraments in global_settings {phong{}} but when
> pov is running ,it points out "phong 0".What values are these specific
> parameters should I set?

You cannot use phong in global_settings, this word is only defined for
finish statement. I do not have many skills that Alain and I can't
explain how work illumination.
In global_settings block you can defined the radiosity statement. Having
a look at the examples (directory Povray/scenes/radiosity) can help you,
and read the documentation for details.

Lionel.

--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---