POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Skullhead : Re: WIP Skullhead Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:55:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Skullhead
From: FractRacer
Date: 20 Mar 2014 13:07:02
Message: <532b2036$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/03/2014 17:35, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Usually, there is also a candle nearby the skull of a vanitas.
> (well, the hour glass is probably the modern version)

Philippe de Champaigne lived in the 17th century, not so modern. Many
objects were used to represent vanitas - candles, hourglass were the
expression of the time which pass on humans lifes, of their fugitive lifes.
I have seen some candles in modern vanitas (Bernard Buffet for example).
And the soft watches of Dali have maybe the same meaning. (But too hard
to make with Pov for me actually...)

Lionel.

--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la
protection avast! Antivirus est active.