POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Skullhead : Re: WIP Skullhead Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:53:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Skullhead
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Mar 2014 11:34:47
Message: <532b0a97$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-3-2014 15:55, Fractracer wrote:
> A WIP of a vanity's picture (is the term vanity right?). I just have some
> problems to obtain the right light, and I have to change the knife's textures.
> I use an Hdri image on a sphere rather on a sky_sphere because the light was too
> strong for the scene and a area_light. No blur yet.

/Vanitas/ is what this is called.

Well done. I like this very much, especially the dramatic lighting of
the skull. The play with reflections on the glass ball and bottle is
certainly an essential touch. I am no too sure about the skull sculpture
at the back. While in accordance with the Aztec painting, it distracts
from the real skull. Maybe you should replace it by something else.

Thomas