POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Skullhead : Re: WIP Skullhead Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:56:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Skullhead
From: andrel
Date: 23 Mar 2014 07:59:29
Message: <532ECCA1.10000@gmail.com>
On 21-3-2014 9:20, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 21-3-2014 8:59, FractRacer wrote:
>> My first idea was to reproduce the composition of this painting, without
>> the same exactly objects and textures. But it is true that the texture
>> of the skull is impressive, maybe I do made a try to reproduce this...
>
> On the other hand...
>
> The alien aspect of your skull makes it a different object. A bit of
> shiny texture would be right but imho not as much as on the PdeC skull.

If it is alien there is no real reason why they should not have used
iron to strengthen bones in stead of calcium. So a rusty alien skull
might make sense. Weight is probably a reason on earth, but that depends
on gravity.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is
active.