POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : question about light_source : Re: question about light_source Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:45:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question about light_source
From: scott
Date: 19 Mar 2014 12:29:15
Message: <5329c5db$1@news.povray.org>
> It is my code.Real image is a photograph.the value of each pixel in real image
> are like these:
> 0.220900
> 0.375800
> 0.375800
> 0.346500
> 0.277700
> 0.355800
> 0.396900
> 0.441800
> 0.442800
> 0.382300
> I doublt this statement "pigment {color rgb spectral}"is wrong.spectral is
> responsible to  "pov-ref.txt" which save the value of each pixel of real image.

In general, writing "pigment{color rgb X}" does not mean the output
image will have a pixel value of X. The value X tells POV how diffusely
reflective the surface is, POV then uses the brightness of any lights,
the relative position of the objects and surface normals to calculate
what the pixel colour should be.

If your goal is to match the brightness of POV's output with your photo,
then I suggest you simply add a multiplier to your light source and
tweak it until they match:

#local FACTOR = 10.0;
light_source {<sun_x,sun_y,sun_z>
             color rgb <1.00229e-005,3.46021e-006,-5.65828e-007>*FACTOR }