POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gravity (not the motion picture) - wip 01 : Re: Gravity (not the motion picture) -final Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravity (not the motion picture) -final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Mar 2014 11:16:34
Message: <532711d2@news.povray.org>
On 17-3-2014 16:05, FractRacer wrote:
> It is a big good job you have made here, I just have one critic
> concerning the granite which seems ( but is is a personal opinion) too
> smooth.
> I like the people and the cat - can we have a close-up of the cat?

Thanks indeed. The stone texture is one of those things I want to change
in the (near?) future.

The cat is Poser (of course). Like some Poser figures, it is not really
good at close up and it misses - in particular - a good normal map, and
its eyeball map is somewhat weird. Other figures which are more than
basic are Kate2 and Ben2 (the children here) which have hardly been
developed further than their Poser 6 versions. Not only are the skin
maps basic, also their geometry shows a number of severe defects. A
shame for such a program imho.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: