POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration) : Re: Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration) Server Time
27 Apr 2024 15:49:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Mar 2014 14:09:10
Message: <531b6ad6@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 07/03/2014 22:40, Nicolas Alvarez nous fit lire :
>> I'm looking into writing a CMake build system too. I'm not really using
>> your effort as a base, but considering your list of TODOs it would need
>> almost a rewrite anyway. For example, I'm starting straight away with an
>> explicit list of sources instead of globs :)
>>
> So, whenever adding a new source file, you also have to know about that
> list ? What about the dependencies ? Do you use a Chinese army approach ?

When you add a new source file, you need to modify the build system. I don't
see how that's surprising.

Assuming you mean #include dependencies, they are are handled automatically.
The simplest CMake script is:

add_executable(myprogram one.cpp two.cpp three.cpp)

You don't need to say what header files they depend on.