POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gravity (not the motion picture) - wip 01 : Gravity (not the motion picture) - wip 01 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:06:09 EDT (-0400)
  Gravity (not the motion picture) - wip 01
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Mar 2014 07:35:24
Message: <531b0e8c@news.povray.org>
It has been a while since I visited Cathy and friends, so I decided to
have a stop at the dystopia to see how they fared. I was not disappointed.

Here is a first wip of the environment. The basic idea came from a
painting, the painter of which I have forgotten the name. The octagonal
basins and the back wall are inspired from that.

The plumbing are made with the help of the macros by Glenn McCarter, he
used in an IRTC image back in 2003.

To remedy the 'falling building' syndrome, I used the FieldCam() macro
by Doctor John, for which my well-meant thanks :-)

Ambient lighting comes from a HDRI map, supplemented by a single CIE
light source.

As said in the title, Gravity has nothing at all in common with the film
of the same name. Here, gravity is what you may feel (like me) when
standing on top of a high building or a the brink of a deep well. Not a
particularly pleasant sensation of the Earth's attraction... ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gravity_big_07.png' (935 KB)