POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Missing" lines : "Missing" lines Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  "Missing" lines
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Mar 2014 16:34:53
Message: <531646fd@news.povray.org>
See discussion in p.general:

I'm laying out a large facility, and trying to view a tiling grid and
some layout lines.  I've noticed that when I zoom way out, I lose some
lines, and get tricked into thinking they're not there, which gives the
floor tiling grid an effect that fooled me into thinking I'd messed up
the scaling.
Some of the yellow layout "lines" (and these are HUGE cylinders) also
inexplicably disappear when I zoom out.  Rotate view y*90, and the other
lines disappear!

(Skysphere commented out to provide black background for annotations)
It seems to be an ALMOST regular cancellation of the lines...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'facility.png' (161 KB)

Preview of image 'facility.png'