POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : clock gears : clock gears Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  clock gears
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 3 Mar 2014 11:05:25
Message: <5314a845@news.povray.org>
No lights, no radiosity... just HDRI reflecions. Still, it took 7 hours!
Maybe because the gears are 512x512 heighfields, and the texture uses
micronormals... the render used 343 focal blur samples to smooth them
out, and then it was resized down at 50% to help a bit more with the
grainy look. I tried first Uberpov blurred reflections, but guessing
from the first block rendered, it would have needed a few weeks...

BTW, I reused here the placements from my coins scene using the Bullet
Physics Playground... just adapted the gears sizes to the coins sizes.

Credits: scene idea plagiarized from Josef Bsharah image on this
tutorial: http://www.josefbsharah.net/quick-tip-6-macro-vrayforc4d/

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message