POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien life forms again : Re: Alien life forms again Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:41:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien life forms again
From: Alain
Date: 28 Feb 2014 20:04:34
Message: <53113222@news.povray.org>

> "Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
>> Another really cool alien, Pekka. Your game project sounds very ambitious, when
>> do you expect it to be ready for user testing? What platform(s) are you
>> targeting?
>
> To give a bit more info about the project, it will be an out-of-this-world text
> adventure/exploration with still images in addition, thus somewhat old school
> stuff coming up. The coding is done in QB64, and I'm aiming for at least Win and
> Mac versions, perhaps even Linux later on. As the project goes on, I'll be
> putting up an official site for it (probably in a form of a blog), and my goal
> is to have a playable beta test version of some sort by the end of this year or
> so, ofc depending on how all other life allows me. For next I'm starting with
> some space ship interiors, so now it'll be just countless and countless of hours
> of modelling and POVing ahead, hehe. =)

QB? That stand for Quick Basic? Did you look at some other programming
language that will allow you to have shorter, easier to code/maintain
source code, and a smaller and faster executable? Also, QB is imfamous
for exposing any vulnerability of the OS, and I don't think that you'll
be able to port your programm to a Mac or Linux, at least without the
need to use some emulator...

Alain