POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using media to approximate MegaPov Glows, take 2 : Re: Using media to approximate MegaPov Glows, take 2 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using media to approximate MegaPov Glows, take 2
From: FractRacer
Date: 24 Feb 2014 00:57:15
Message: <530adf3b@news.povray.org>

> The way this macro works is by encapsulating the emitting media in a local
> sphere with intervals 2 and samples 10, 100, which avoids some of the issues I
> have experienced with global atmospheric media, in terms of undesired
> interactions and render time. I will inspect the link you sent further, however.

Again me!
Ok, I have clean up the code and here is an example of the fake glow
(sphere encapsuled in another sphere). Source is in p.t.scene-file under
/fake glow/ subject.

Lionel.

--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---

Attachments:
Download 'fake_glow.png' (256 KB)

Preview of image 'fake_glow.png'