POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MATCHMOVING in POV-ray : Re: MATCHMOVING in POV-ray Server Time
15 May 2024 16:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MATCHMOVING in POV-ray
From: Alain
Date: 14 Feb 2014 18:49:23
Message: <52feab83$1@news.povray.org>

> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

>> What I *really* need to do-- for this project and others-- is to buy a shiny
>> sphere, for making a 'light probe' (a non-HDRI version, as my little Canon video
>> camera doesn't shoot HDRI/'raw' images, unfortunately.)
>
> Of course, there's the alternate trick of making, say, five bracketed exposures
> of the mirrored sphere with my 'regular' camera, and then combining those in
> specialized software to make an HDRI image. But I haven't gotten into the HDRI
> world yet, sad to say. "So little time, so MUCH to learn." ;-)

I don't think that any camera can take HDR images natively.
For combining the bracketed images, there is hdrshop. A nice little
utility just for that purpose. It can also transform a reflective sphere
probe to a latitude-longitude one that you can then apply to a large
sphere or sky_sphere using the spherical mapping.

Alain