POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... : Re: And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux...
From: Doctor John
Date: 11 Feb 2014 19:25:17
Message: <52fabf6d$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/02/14 00:10, jhu wrote:

> Glad it works now! With regard to preview window, I don't know. It's not
> something I've noticed mainly because I'm usually rendering on headless
> computers.

IIRC I used to have to run 3.6 with the option -visual DirectColor. I
put an alias in my ~/.bashrc thus:
alias povray=povray\ -visual\ DirectColor

I haven't had to do this for 3.7. But it might be worth trying it.
BTW Are you running Gnome or KDE? What version?

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents