POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray #read fails with "0" : Re: povray #read fails with "0" Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray #read fails with "0"
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jan 2014 15:25:09
Message: <52e81225@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I don't use #read very often so I might be wrong but shouldn't there be
> commas after all the values even at the end of the lines?

POV-Ray will interpret "1 2" as two numbers, but "1 -2" as a subtraction,
resulting in one number. Thus the comma is not *strictly* necessary when
the next number has no binary operator in front of it, but it's
nevertheless a good idea.

This will work the same in normal .pov files as well. (In fact, the exact
same parser is used to interpret .pov files and input files read using
the #read command.)

--
                                                          - Warp