POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : V 3.7 Timeout problem : Re: V 3.7 Timeout problem Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:52:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: V 3.7 Timeout problem
From: Ger
Date: 20 Jan 2014 16:30:27
Message: <52dd9573$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> If swapping takes way too long, the program may end up being waiting
> several seconds. There are timeouts for the internal message passing that
> are designed to catch situations when the receiving thread hangs. They are
> 10 seconds in wall
> clock  time iirc. Try building with -DkDefaultTimeout=30 and see if it
> helps.

Tried with 30, raised it to 300 and it still fails. But the messages come well before
the 300 seconds are over.
Also, I kept an eye on memory usage, specially at the end of the render, and the usage
never drops until it fails.
I'll build it with some crazy value and see what happens, but it may take a while
before that one finishes. :)
--

Ger