POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bokeh : Re: Bokeh Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bokeh
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 20 Jan 2014 13:49:33
Message: <52dd6fbd$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/01/2014 17:50, FractRacer nous fit lire :
> I have seen that a new word (bokeh) was added in focal_blur, but there
> is no explanation. Can someone detaiiled this feature? Thank you.

From memory... so I might be wrong: the "jitter/blur" can have another
pattern than the saint-andrew cross(4) or the hexgrid of 7 / 19 / 37.
you might provide your own pattern of density for (0,0)to (1,1) square
(at z=0) which will provide the actual distribution of the rays used for
blur. The density is the grey-evaluation of the pattern.

It allows to generate your own ray-distribution (using a random
generator), with your own number of samples.

For instance, you could provide an horizontal white line on a black
background to have only an horizontal blurring.