POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : V 3.7 Timeout problem : V 3.7 Timeout problem Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  V 3.7 Timeout problem
From: Ger
Date: 20 Jan 2014 02:39:31
Message: <52dcd2b3$1@news.povray.org>
I had a render running that's pretty big (20GB mem use)
and it fails with a "Operation timed out" problem.

This shows up when the first frame is finished and it starts on the second frame

Render Time:
  Photon Time:      No photons
  Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
  Trace Time:       0 hours  9 minutes 25 seconds (565.473 seconds)
              using 8 thread(s) with 4145.640 CPU-seconds total

Rendering frame 11 of 3951

Operation timed out.
Operation timed out.
Render failed

My guess is that pov times out waiting for the swap somehow.
I found the error text in pov_err.cpp (obviously), but can't find where it's
initiated.

Running Povray 3.7 with the -CC switch on Opensuse 13.1 on a 16GB 8-core

Btw, I've had renders of similar size, and larger, running under Povray 3.6 And even
though they chewed the heck outta the swap drive, they never timed out.
--

Ger