POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Suspicious behavior? : Re: Suspicious behavior? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suspicious behavior?
From: clipka
Date: 15 Jan 2014 08:14:11
Message: <52d689a3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.01.2014 09:24, schrieb posfan12:
> On 1/13/2014 1:03 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Stop toying around with your swap file limits in hopes to get your scene
>> to work. Abso-bloody-lutely /do/ find a way to reduce the memory
>> requirements of your scene to fit inside your /physical/ memory.
>
> OK, thanks for clearing up. I thought that somehow something happened to
> POV between 3.62 and 3.7.

Well, in a sense it did: While POV-Ray 3.62 occupied only one core on a
multicore system, POV-Ray 3.7 gets them all busy; I suspect that might
be making things worse as far as system stability goes.

But POV-Ray 3.62, too, would take ages to render out of swap memory, and
probably make the system quite unstable, too.