POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Suspicious behavior? : Re: Suspicious behavior? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 10:57:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suspicious behavior?
From: posfan12
Date: 15 Jan 2014 03:39:25
Message: <52d6493d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/13/2014 12:20 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Yet, lg_0975.inc is missing (not part of the downloaded zip)... it's
> spelled lg_0975.INC :-)
>
> Same story for lg_0976 and lg_0977

Did you manage to fix this? I think you just need to rename the file
extensions to low caps.

> lg_71137.inc has a parse error at line 137, due to version.
> (that's at 27828K tokens) and it occured a bit before for lg_51011.inc
> too ;-) (but only as possible parse error, whereas lg_71137.inc is Parse
> Error.)

This file has a missing ';' after a #declare somewhere.

> It went to 29 GB of mem at that point.
>
> A lot of complain about CSG that should have at least 2 objects...
> consider using object { ... } instead of one slot union.
>
> And object { object { ... is just a no-go.

I've reported these to the tool's author. I'm not sure what he's going
to do to fix them. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm sorry the scene is not working properly.

The scene requires stuff designed by multiple authors: the model itself
(made by myself and several other people), the tool used to convert the
model to POV (by Travis Cobbs), and the LGEO parts (by someone else who
doesn't want to be identified by name on his website for some reason).

I'm also not really able to identify issues unless someone informs me of
them because I don't have enough RAM to get as far in the render as
everyone else.

Mike

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is
active.