POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Stamford Bunny in negative spotlight. : Re: Stamford Bunny in negative spotlight. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stamford Bunny in negative spotlight.
From: Warp
Date: 13 Jan 2014 11:19:52
Message: <52d41228@news.povray.org>
MichaelJF <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what we have here. Negative light is a feature which can be
> used artistically, but then the shadows must be affected too. In your additional
> scenes the shadows of the positive light still seems to be not influenced by the
> negative light. Most likely we're hunting down a bug here.

The shadows work in a completely logical manner: Inside the shadow
the rendering engine just says "this light is not visible from here,
ignore it". It doesn't care what color the light might be (even if
it's negative.)

If you want even more artistical effects, make some of the color
components of the light positive and others negative.

--
                                                          - Warp