POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Strange colors for SpectralRender metals : Re: Strange colors for SpectralRender metals Server Time
28 May 2024 18:39:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange colors for SpectralRender metals
From: Ive
Date: 7 Jan 2014 11:43:08
Message: <52cc2e9c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.01.2014 20:14, schrieb Cousin Ricky:

> Using Ive's SpectralRender, I get strange colors for chrome and gold.
> M_Chrome() renders a dark navy blue, and M_Gold() renders a pure yellow that
> seems much too garish.  I'm sure the little bit of gold I've seen in person is
> only 14 kt, but the images of pure gold I've seen are less saturated and have an
> orange cast.

Well, it happened *AGAIN* that I did mess things up.
As Christoph spotted the statement #if (WavelengthIndex) doesn't make
any sense (a relict from version 0.1) but the whole file is the wrong one.
I have a quite automated way of generating the zip file and updating the
web-page and somehow managed it to copy the wrong file while I use local
the correct one, so would never have spotted my mistake.

Anyway, I'll find some time tomorrow and correct this mess. And BTW
thanks for trying the whole spectral thing.

-Ive