POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Call for test : Re: Call for test Server Time
5 May 2024 14:35:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Call for test
From: James Holsenback
Date: 6 Jan 2014 14:21:09
Message: <52cb0225$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/06/2014 01:01 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 06/01/2014 16:32, James Holsenback nous fit lire :

>>> Same problem, or different one?
>>>
>>> I guess I have to give up here, as I currently don't have access to a
>>> Linux system to do any meaningful experiments. Can you take over from
>>> here to figure out what's going wrong?
>>>

>> OK ... kind of goes along with buildbot issues I'm trying to iron out
>
> from hotfix (at commit 0b403907a366b56fa07ce286e03ef5258d5bba81), it's
> fine if you keep adding LIBS="-lboost_system -lboot_thread", despite the
> happy issue that configure does not fail anymore without it.
>
> Without LIBS..., the error is at link-time, about missing symbols
> reported by James.
>
> Tests done on Ubuntu 13.10.
> No more issue with missing mkl (whatever that be, I do not have it).

mkl is Math Kernel Library (Intel) It's a math speed up library ... and
from what I've read it's somewhat problematic on unbuntu, however I did
find a couple of recipes that claim success. I think it's specialized
enough that if the user wants to run that it's on them ... I think what
the build process seems to be looking for ends up getting satisfied by
the libm test that follows the mkl test in configure.ac

from my configure output:
checking for sin in -lmkl... no
checking for sin in -lm... yes

btw: mkl recipes had to build from sources ... there appears to be /no/
package available via apt-get so I'm not inclined to pursue

about LIBS switches ... I /had/ LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread" as
configure additions, but noticed -lboost_system listed /twice/  at the
end of make ... lasest revisions of povray master and hotfix built ok
fine using just LIBS="-lboost_thread"