POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What have you used POV-Ray images for? : Re: What have you used POV-Ray images for? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What have you used POV-Ray images for?
From: scott
Date: 6 Jan 2014 10:46:27
Message: <52cacfd3@news.povray.org>
> So what have you used them for? Have you managed to use one in your day job?

I mainly use POV for my day job, creating photo-realistic images from
CAD models. The best bit is when people ask to see the actual prototype,
when I tell them it hasn't been made yet, they ask where the photo came
from :-)

I also used it to create some pictures for some training slides in my
old job, to illustrate the difference between diffuse and specular
reflection.

I would like to use POV more out of work, but there are so many things
to do and so little time...