POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A simple request... : Re: A simple request... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple request...
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 Dec 2013 07:09:51
Message: <52c1628f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 30/12/2013 11:24, Ger Remmers nous fit lire :
> On 12/17/2013 02:00 AM, Ger wrote:
>> with possibly large implications.
>>

> Using the chainsaw approach I cut out all code that had to do with
> BackupTrace, ContinueTrace and Pov_state and all that fun, I have a
> working pov version (dunno how working yet) that doesn't bs around with
> pov-state files and produces the results I do like.
> And if anyone would like for me to post the resulting code, rest
> assured, I won't post it. The chances for it to eat your children and/or
> your in-laws is just too great.

and in the meantime, the Great C-Lipka made the switch -CC available in
the source. (master branch in git repository:
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray
 , the easiest one). It nearly occured at Xmas!

Put down that chainsaw, and do not run with scisors.