POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A simple request... : A simple request... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  A simple request...
From: Ger
Date: 17 Dec 2013 03:00:28
Message: <52b0049c$1@news.povray.org>
with possibly large implications.

A commandline (I run linux) option to disable the pov-state file.

Why?

I render multiple test runs for an animation and all frames get stored on a
network, so the pov-state file gets stored on that same network.
I understand the value of the pov-state file because it allows one to
continue a render from whatever point in case of a mishap.
In my case, I'll simply restart the render at 1 frame before the mishap.

ps, I'm not a programmer so I don't know how involved a change like that
could turn out to be.
--
Ger